Friday, January 12, 2007

Running Internet Explorer on Linux using ies4linux

I've recently been doing some web development on Linux and one thing that is a little annoying is that I need a Windows box nearby to test how the website looks in Internet Explorer. I was happy to see the other day a slashdot story on ies4linux, a nice little package that allows you to run multiple versions of Internet Explorer on Linux. It works its magic by running IE binaries on top of Wine.

IE6 was a little sluggish on my configuration - IE running on top of Wine running on Linux running inside vmware running on Windows XP - but good to see it working :) The latest beta of ies4linux was supposed to support IE7 but I couldn't get it running; hopefully that will work in the near future. Installing ies4linux for Multiple Users works pretty well.

1 comment:

Vanyos said...

Hi thanks for shaaring this